Mr WordPress on Hello world!
Judicial Branch Project
Supreme Court Case:_______________________________________________________________
Directions: You can choose to do this project by yourself or in groups of up to three people. (choose your groups wisely, because you are reliant on each member of the group to do their job to receive a good grade). The project is to create a Powerpoint on a landmark Supreme Court case. These Supreme Court cases provide our government with the interpretation of the laws that govern our people. Individually or as a group you will be researching one of these cases in depth.
What is required?
• Must be a minimum of 10 slides long.
• Must answer all the questions and incorporate all the information listed below.
• Must include at least 5 pictures in the presentation. Do not forget to use color!!!
What needs to be in the Powerpoint?
• The story behind the case. Each case has a narrative storyline that leads up to the events of the case. Ultimately you need to answer: What events lead to the case being tried by the Supreme Court? What were some of the lower court decisions on the case? What courts did the case go through before it was heard by the Supreme Court? Who were the main characters in the case?
• Have an explanation of what the Supreme Court decided: What was the ruling? What was the final vote total? Why did the Supreme Court rule the way they did?
Include a brief summary of the majority and dissenting opinion.
• What did the outcome lead to? What effect does the ruling have on our society today? Were there any Supreme Court cases that later overruled or changed your cases decision? Why is the ruling important for our society and government to function properly? Was the ruling a good or bad ruling? Did the case lead to other cases similar? What is your opinion on the case?